Saturday, November 13, 2010

I don't fit

Today was the infamous dancesport championships at BYU, for those of you who don't know I participated in competitive ballroom dance from grade until I left on my mission. That was a long time and a big chunk of my life. I went with my good friend lance, he was on the high school team with me so we have seen our share 4th of competitions. When we got there we sat with lance's buddies on the UVU ballroom team (he still dances with UVU) he did his best to help me fit in, but let's face it, i'm not at practice with these people every day like he is, i'm not always in the hallways at the school to see them so I didn't really fit in with any of them. I saw Trevor and Alissa, they are good friends but they are married so they aren't really "friends" anymore, they are more like grown up associations. I started thinking about it more and more and I just don't fit anywhere. I had to quit dance because I am to big. I had to quit swimming because I'm to slow, and there aren't any waterpolo teams for me to play on, so that is out of the picture as well. I go to school and I don't know anyone, and no one really cares that I'm there, and then I go to work where I kind of have friends but I'm still the new kid so I don't feel like a part of the group there. So where does that land me most nights? At home, on my couch, watching t.v. and looking at Facebook. In fact, if I were to describe to you my life it would be in three words, Home, School, and Work. I wish I could say I had friends, or I had a social life, but I would be lying to you if I did. Like I said, I just don't fit anywhere anymore. That's why I miss high school, was it a pain sometimes? Yes but at least I had people that cared about me, people I cared about, people who I knew, things to look forward to, and teams to participate on.

Oh what I wouldn't give to just fit in somewhere again.

2 comments:

  1. i care that you're at school.. honestly, i look forward to every single monday so i can chill with you in your dad's office. At school I hang out with either you or my brother and his wife. The days when none of you are there I feel lost and out of place. I really don't fit anywhere either. Cheer up joe. Just know you're not alone in this because I guarantee that there is more than one person that you know having the exact same feelings. Just keep on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog...
    I know how it feels, man. It sucks, haha. And lately it has helped me to remember that there is a Big Guy up there that cares about me, maybe even more than I care about myself.

    ReplyDelete